Saturday, April 20, 2013

Legs 101 #2



BODYBYDOUG-



http://www.bodybydoug.org

http://www.bodybuildingsolutions101.com




     It's leg day again which means that tomorrow morning the toilet will be your worst enemy.

 We're going to take a look at Hamstring work and put an emphasis on over-all width of the leg.

 I've been reading lots of material and listening to several different sources and the message I'm getting back is very confusing.

 One source says don't do deadlifts because that will give you a larger waist.

 I've mentioned before that I tend to store almost all my excess weight around my waist so should chunkier people be doing deadlifts or not.

Hold on it gets worst, you're not to do squats because that affects something else, and you're not to do single movements like extensions or lying leg curls.


     I think these people all own gym's,{ and they might }, because if you take away all of the above, what the hell is left.

 I won't use to many bad words here, I'll just say screw them.

 I will squat, I will deadlift, and I will do isolation moves like extensions, and if I have to I'll modify my weight-loss program.

 So give them a big one finger salute and let's continue on.





Hamstring Strength-


Deadlift---4 sets@ 12,10,8, and 8 reps-can be Romanian, but I prefer bending the knees to lift-watch your not using your back to much or putting it at an angle were it can be damaged


Leg Curls---3 sets@ 10 to 12 reps---seated or standing


Lying Leg Curls---3 sets@ 15,12, and 10 reps-enough weight to feel the movement, but light enough to move slowly through the movement




Quadizza Quads


Squat---4 sets@ 10reps--feet outside of shoulder width


Side Lunge---4 sets@ 12 reps---Dumbbells work great


Front Lunge---4 sets@ 12 reps


Cable Pull---4 sets@ 8 reps-per leg---you attach strap around one ankle at a time, steady yourself, stand with your side to the machine and move the leg that's strapped away from the machine-time consuming at first until you get the hang of it, then it's great for the inner and outer thigh, similar to an abductor machine

 http://www.bodybuildingsolutions101.com












No comments:

Post a Comment